Pages

19.8.10

Uggg....

I went grocery shopping for a few misc. items a couple of days ago, and while I was walking through the produce section, I saw that blueberries were on sale.  So of course I bought them.  Two cartons.  I rationalized that I SHOULD buy them because before we know it they are going to be $6 for a tiny little carton.  It was a smart, healthy impulse purchase, right?

We just finished off eating the first carton, most of which were for Honor.  Today I washed the second carton to eat for lunch, and as I was washing them I noticed this little speck that looked a little peculiar rinse down into the bottom of the carton.  I didn't think much of it.  I poured the blueberries into a bowl and set them on the dining table. 

When Troy arrived home for lunch, he plopped a couple on Honor's highchair tray and then started eating some of his own blueberries.  We were all enjoying our lunches, catching up on what we had each done this morning when out of the corner of my eye I saw this little thing moving OUT OF THE  BLUEBERRY DISH!  In a very panicky voice I said "What is that? Is it a SLUG?"...and before Troy could even look at the little thing, he kind of gagged and spit his mouthful of blueberries onto the table!  (Looking back on this part of the story now makes me laugh really hard!) 

Behold!  I teeny tiny little SNAIL had climbed its way out of our blueberry dish to save itself from its blue surroundings.  I was so grossed out.  Troy thought it was kind of cool.  Honor had no idea what was going on.  It wasn't until then that I realized that I had jumped up onto my chair and was squating on it like I had just seen a rat run past me!  HA!


Needless to say, Troy brought the snail (aka the slug) outside and placed in on some random leaf so it could go on living.  I just hope we don't see one of those in our food again...ever again.

No comments:

Post a Comment