Pages

29.6.10

"Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good. Be devoted to one another in brotherly love. Honor one another above yourselves. Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord. Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer. Share with God's people who are in need. Practice hospitality." Romans 12:9-12

 

When I became a follower of Jesus, I knew that my life was going to start looking different. Part of it would be God changing me, and the other part was me choosing to live differently because of my love and commitment to Jesus. To this very day, there are things that I notice God doing in my life and there are things that I see that need to change. One of those things is the reality that I need to be more willing to "go" than I have been.

 

It's easy as Christians to get caught in the typical "look out for ourselves" lifestyle of this world. It's really easy to get comfortable and forget about the fact that there is actually a God worth pursuing and a story worth sharing. You see, many of us go through our walk with Jesus not realizing that we have failed to continue to stir the zeal and spiritual fervor we once had, and eventually we buy into the lie that going to church on Sunday's, attending a small group and praying before meals is actually pleasing to God. Don't get me wrong, these are good things, but how presumptuous of us to think that this is what our lives are supposed to be all about.

 

In the Word, we read in countless places where it talks about the importants of meeting together and thanking God for the many blessings in our lives, but even more than that we read about the command from Jesus to "go" realizing that each of us has been given a life and a circle of influence intended to help others experience and know Jesus and bring Him glory.

 

What would our lives, our families, our communities and even our world start looking like if we all lived the way Jesus asks us to live like? A bold question for sure, yet worth contemplating if you love Jesus.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment